|Photo by simplyla courtesy of Flickr|
If you are a parent then you should consider reading Ottawa Valley Moms. Founded in July 2012, this blog contains, among other things, parenting tips, reflections on motherhood, product reviews, giveaways, recipes, a podcast, events listings, a video show and a book club. The site is very professional and looks like it has been around for much longer than this past summer.
Recent posts include:
- Thoughts on a Ted talk which encouraged parents to teach their children how to code;
- Reflections on travelling with one's children;
- Becoming more aware on where our food comes from;
- Fitness tips;
- A guest blogger who disagreed with a popular blog for moms (not Ottawa Valley Moms) which admitted to frequently lying to her kids; and
- A celebration of the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, more commonly known as Dr. Seuss.
This site contains a lot of information and resources. As a father of a young child, I appreciated the fact that fathers are sometimes featured on the site. For instance, one post that stuck with me was from a guest blogger / divorced father who wrote about how difficult it was to no longer be living with his children. In short, if you are looking for parenting tips, family-related events or want to learn more about products for children and parents, then this is a good site to visit.