|Photo by Lori SR courtesy of Flickr|
I am not sure if it's the feeling of spring in the air, and/or if it's me who is delighted about being reacquainted with the sun, but a lot of drinking-related, patio-friendly posts seem to be coming across my NewsBlur feed recently. (Since Google Reader will soon be kaput, I have moved over to NewsBlur). Anyhow, below are some beer, wine and cocktail-related posts from the local blogosphere.
Martinis for Breaksfast has posted a couple of cocktail recipes online. The first is for a Manhattan, while the second is for a Cuba Libre, both of which you can drink while watching Mad Men.
Beer Reviews and wine recommendations
Beer O'Clock has posted recent reviews on the following beers:
- Amber Ale (5% ABV) from the Old Credit Brewing Company, which was rated 2.5 out of 5.
- Pompous Ass English Pale Ale (4.2% ABV) from Great Lakes Brewery that merited a 4 ouf of 5.
- Corne du diable (The Devil's Horn; 6.5% ABV) from Quebec's Brasserie Dieu du Ciel! The review scored this beer 3.5 out of 5.
- Milk Stout (5.7% ABV) from The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, in Farmville, North Carolina, that got a perfect 5 out of 5.
- IPA Américaine (7% ABV) from Quebec's Microbrasserie Pit Caribou, which scored 4 out of 5.
Closing things off, Second Ferment recommends some California wines.